Wednesday 9 May 2018

Death is Inevitable by Friday Godwin Promise


Death is Inevitable
                                 --FGP

My greatest sorrow in this world
Is my greatest fear
I fear that which will certainly come seeking you
When the time is due
We all panic for we know not when it will come.

It is a visitor you never want to see
It comes uninvited and unexpected
That name "Death" has been my fear!

It comes to steal your beloveds
Then it comes seeking you
Many a time have I reflected on the question of death
Why do we live only to die?
Where do dead people go?
Yet have I failed to find answers.

Death will come for us when it wills
For it is inevitable, even for the powerful and strong
Yet do I invest hope in divinity
Hoping to see the demise of death on divine command
So man can live eternally.

© Friday Godwin Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment